15.3.11

Just a little sharing

I felt that I should share with all of you the experience I had with February's service project. If you remember we did a food drive for the Midwest Food Bank. I drove clear across town to there facility and when I got there all of the doors were locked. Even though it said on the door that they were open and 8 and now it being 9:30 they should be open. I was a bit discouraged, so I did some shopping at a near by store and thought that I would just go home. However I didn't. I ended up going back. Again the doors were still locked. I found someone in the parking lot who directed me into their warehouse. WOW! It was stocked full of food. When I saw this food I thought of our little donation sitting the back of my trunk (little only in comparison). When I told them I had a food donation they were ecstatic. I wish you all could have seen how there faces lit up. I pulled my car over to the warehouse, unloaded my trunk, and gave them the food. The entire time they acted like they just won the lottery in food donations. The man told me that the food would go out that day to people who really needed it. It just goes to show that every little bit counts.

I have the best calling in the world. Being the humanitarian service leader has taught me a lot about charity and about the love that you sisters have. It's amazing all that you women give. Thank you for your donations.

I know that some of you are probably eager to help out Japan. You can make donations through the church by clicking here , or through the red cross by clicking here

No comments: